- Rice -1 cup
- Vegetables of your choice (Carrot, Beans, Peas etc.)
- Tomato – 1
- Onion – 1
- Biei Bele Bhath Powder – 2 -3 teaspoons
- Small lemon sized tamarind soaked
- Salt according to taste
- Oil – 3 teaspoons
- Mustard seeds
- Curry Leaves
· Cook the rice, dal & vegetables in 5 cups of water in a pressure cooker.
· Grind tomato, onion, 2-3 teaspoons of Bisibele bhath powder, tamarind, jaggery(optional) & salt according to taste along with water.
· In a pan (Kadai), heat 3 teaspoons of oil along with little ghee.
· To it add mustard seeds, jeera, curry leaves, hing (optional).
· Add the grinded tomato-onion mixture to it and boil for a while.
· Add the rice – dal vegetable mixture to the above and boil, Add water for desired consistency, stir at frequent intervals.
· Garnish with coriander & serve with a dollop of ghee and raita / potato chips/Appalam.
Please provide Quantity of dal in ingredients. In your receipt it is not given