Recipe for Bisi Bele Bhath
- Cook rice, dal & vegetables of your choice.
- Grind tomato, onion along with 2-3 teaspoons of Sambar Stories’s Bisibele Bhath powder, tamarind, jaggery(optional) & salt according to taste along with water.
- Prepare a seasoning of mustard seeds, cumin, curry leaves, asafetida (optional).
- Add the grinded tomato-onion mixture to it and boil for a while.
- Add the rice – dal vegetable mixture to the above and boil, add water for desired consistency, stir at frequent intervals.
- Garnish with coriander & serve with a dollop of ghee and raita or potato chips or Appalam.